I hold around 11 years of experience in application development & consulting. I have worked in various roles ranging from Individual Contributor, DevOps, Solution Architect, Consultant, and Dev Lead depending on the nature of the project. My specialization lies in diversified Microsoft technologies and products. I have a good understanding and experience of working on Agile development methods such as Scrum and Kanban.
I have experience of carrying out development in .NET, .NET Core, Angular, Typescript, Web API, MVC, Microsoft Azure, SignalR, Skype for Business, Microsoft Bot Framework, WPF, Windows 8, Windows Phone. I think I have a good understanding of Visual Studio, Bitbucket, VSTS (now Azure DevOps), Git, JIRA, Team City and Octopus.
I strongly believe in:
- Unit testing your code left, right and centre.
- UI Automation and Integration Tests as per Test Pyramid.
- If a QA can find S1, S2 bugs in a feature, the developer has not done her/his job. The job of QA needs to shift left rather than doing basic manual testing.
- Small Pull Requests for review. If it takes more than 5 mins for a reviewer to view all the files, then PR may need to be divided further.
- Consistent coding standard throughout the project. A project is owned by the team NOT by an individual.
My Stack Exchange and Dev to Profile
On the personal front, I’m from New Delhi, India. I’m currently settled in Sunshine Coast, Australia with my lovely wife and little son. It’s a peaceful, quiet place about 100 KMs from Brisbane.
Outside of work, I love to spend my time with friends and family.